Henry Blodget, the CEO of Business Insider, recently published an interesting article titled “The Future of Mobile.” It’s a 50-page slide deck and, after reading it, I was able to get some basic understanding of where we are in terms of this mobile revolution. Some interesting observations from the article are:
- “The number of mobile devices will DWARF the number of PCs”
- The percentage of US population owning a smartphone is now 45%, compared to 35% in May 2011.
- Among many things people do on mobile devices….
- Online Retail category increased by 94% from 2010 to 2011
- Electronic payment increased by 80% from 2010 to 2011
- “30% of Gilt’s Black Friday revenue was from mobile sales”
- “38% of US consumers have used smartphone to buy products or services”
There is a lot more information that you can find helpful in better understanding the mobile landscape and its future on the slides. Take a look at the article by clicking on the following link: